There’s a lot to do at Western Reserve! We know not everyone likes to do the same things–that’s why we offer a wide variety of activities for our residents who have unique lifestyles, goals and preferences.
- Fishing on three stocked fishing lakes
- On-campus fitness center with Kaiser equipment
- Certified athletic trainer on hand in the fitness center to personally assist you with your workout
- Various classes offered for strength and balance training
- Arthritis Foundation Exercise classes
- Outdoor relaxation areas
- Resident organizations and activities such as choir, chimes, card games, Wii bowling, current events, billiards and more!
- SeniorNet Computer classes (separate fee)
- On-campus library
- Woodcarving shop
- Chapel with weekly services
- 24 hour service and emergency call systems
- Full Service Beauty/Barber shop
- Auditorium for shows and events
- On-campus Westfield Bank branch
- Game Room
- Community Room for meetings and gathering
- Beautifully manicured landscaping
- Stay put for your physical, occupational and speech therapy – we have it right on our campus
- Have your prescriptions delivered right to your door
- Our on-campus social worker and nurse liaison can offer support and assessment services
- Maintenance of all apartments and homes
- Personal transportation services
- Personal shopper/errand service
- Rooms for private parties or gatherings
- Catering services
- Weekly scheduled transportation to local shopping
- Weekly blood pressure clinic provided by Cornerstone
- On-campus Wellness Clinic offering medical, dental, and podiatric services
- Monthly hearing clinic from the hearing center
- On-campus entertainment
- Weekly outings for dining and entertainment
Take a tour of the WRMC Chapel!
Take a tour of the WRMC Game Room!
Take a tour of the Western Reserve Room!
Dining with Us!
Western Reserve Café
Open for breakfast and lunch!
In the morning, come down to the Café to enjoy a light breakfast with a selection of eggs, sausage or bacon, bagels, toast, muffins, hot and cold cereals and delicious, fresh fruit. Once a week our dining staff creates a delicious specialty item such as made-to-order omelets and French toast.
At lunchtime our chefs create selections to cater to all tastes. The daily lunch menu varies from our very popular pulled barbecue pork sandwich to BLTs or homemade pizza. On the lighter side, there is always a delicious soup and salad bar available.
A real treat, our café menu prices are very reasonable. Entrées range from $1.50 to $2.50!
The Dinner Dining Experience
The evening meal is an experience everyone looks forward to in our fine dining style restaurant. Imagine the opportunity to dine every night with close friends. Our dining room offers a wide variety of meals ranging from pan-seared scallops or beef tenderloin to favorites like spaghetti and meatballs. There is always a choice of delicious entrées to choose from on our restaurant-style menu and most items are made from scratch, with ingredients from the best local growers and purveyors.
“I enjoy our dinners in the evening. The dining room is beautiful and pleasant. We have fresh linen on the table with each setting. The young people who wait tables are friendly and accommodating. I just enjoy the dinner hour very much.” -DeLean Dotterer, Independent Living Resident
The Places You’ll Go!
At Western Reserve Masonic Community we provide transportation to make life easier. Below are a few of the opportunities available:
- Medical and Personal Appointment Trips
- Personal Shopper and Errand Services
- Trips to Cleveland-Hopkins and Akron-Canton Airports
What Residents Have to Say About Campus Life
Some of the best people to tell our story are our residents. Following are how some of our independent and assisted living residents feel about life at Western Reserve Masonic Community.
Ray and Jan, Residents:
“Villa life gives you freedom,” said Ray. “Our lives are so stress-free I have more time to do things I want to do.”
“I feel sorry for people in their own homes alone and isolated,” said Jan. “This is like a big extended family here.”
“There’s so much to do here. Don’t wait until you’re sick.”
“I’ve told my kids it’s like I’ve died and gone to heaven. I’ve never been so happy. Everyone is truly friends here and there are so many activities and so much to do.”
Resident Thoughts on Living at Western Reserve Masonic Community
Leonard and Rowena, Residents:
“On a scale of one to ten, we’d give this place an 11 or 12. We were impressed by the neatness of the building and the grounds and the friendliness of the people.”
“We felt this was a financially secure institution and that meant a lot when considering somewhere to move to.”
“I think we made a very good decision coming to Western Reserve Masonic Community. Everybody is cheerful and kind. They do a good job picking their employees.”
“Everything is clean and neat. The halls are wide, you don’t feel confined. Our apartment is roomy. Things like this may seem minor, but they were important to me.”
“Since I don’t have to do maintenance work, I have time to do things I enjoy, like volunteer in the library and sing in the campus choir.”
“There are so many fun and interesting things to do here. It makes me feel good. Don’t wait to come, there’s so much to do.”
“You never know what will happen. One day I may be in assisted living or in the health care area. Seeing how cheerful these people are makes me confident I will be taken care of.”